You can find the draft Environmental Impact Statement staff report from the Comprehensive Plan Update. From the Staff Report:
Staff will prepare a Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) along with the Comprehensive Plan update. The EIS is required under the State Environmental Policy Act (SEPA), and its purpose is to analyze the potential significant adverse environmental impacts resulting from updates to the Comprehensive Plan. The supplemental EIS will add to information contained in the 1994 Comprehensive Plan EIS, which will be adopted as part of the environmental review process.
Also on the agenda is Permanent Homeless Encampment Amendment to the Comprehensive Plan.
Finally, more about OPC public process generally, and the comments from the April Draft as they are now calling the initial release of the Comprehensive Plan draft. The staff report details the following objectives for the former arising from the April retreat:
• Inclusive of broader public
• Involves developers, the business community, and neighborhood leaders
• Fair, open and accessible
• Multiple ways to comment
• Interactive dialogue
• Diverse but not divisive
• Meaningful, transparent
• Built on prior outreach and feedback
• Educates about purpose and value of the Comprehensive Plan
• As open and continuous a public process as possible, without negating the law, and while also giving deference to the need for closed record deliberations.
Closing post now before I wax cynical…